EESI’s interns contribute substantively to the advancement of critical environmental and energy policies while gaining insight into the workings of Congress and the federal legislative process, knowledge of significant environmental and energy issues, and an understanding of how a nonprofit works.
EESI internships offer invaluable career benefits and opportunities and may also be used for undergraduate credit. As part of the internship experience, we offer weekly professional development sessions with EESI staff and outside guests.
As the Access Clean Energy Savings Project Intern, you will be a key member of the EESI team working with utilities to develop innovative programs that save customers money through clean energy projects. You will assist EESI staff with research and writing projects relevant to the project including, but not limited to: utility programs and policies, state and federal energy policy, clean energy technologies, energy efficiency, beneficial electrification, on-bill financing, environmental and climate justice, and workforce.
We offer a friendly, informal, and inclusive work environment dedicated to helping interns succeed in the internship and launch careers in the environmental and energy field. We are committed to helping you achieve your individual professional goals, and we will be happy to tailor your projects for the semester accordingly.
- Washington, D.C.
- 14-16 week semester (Spring and Fall) or a 10-12 week semester (Summer).
- Interns are compensated at the rate of $17/hr
- The internship program is designed for students who are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree as a current or rising junior or senior. Prior internship experience is not required.
- Interest in energy efficiency, beneficial electrification, financing, utility programs, state and federal energy policy, and clean energy technologies, with particular enthusiasm for providing fact-based information in a non-partisan manner.
- Strong writing and research skills; clear and concise writing is required for all project-related materials.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to represent EESI professionally
Application or Entry Requirements
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (1-2 pages)